Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Re: Shenos Chaim - Sarah Beinhorn

I'm not so familiar with the Siedenfeld branch of the family, but if you want to speak to someone closer to Mrs. Beinhorn (who just died within the last year or so), you can try contacting her grandson son Avi Goldminz, his email address is: aviygold@gmail.com (I suggest writing to him in Hebrew). An old email address I have for his father Moshe Goldmunz is mosheg@moch.gov.il but I don't think I've contacted him in years. Hatzlocha Rabbah!

Zei Gezunt & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods: Judaism in the Age of Idolatry (NEW!) & Lashon HaKodesh: History, Holiness, & Hebrew

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 8:01 PM Joseph Seidenfeld <joeseidenfeld@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Reb Reuven Chaim,

I don't think we've spoken but I've read a lot of your research into the Beinhorn / Seidenfeld family history. Over the years I've been in touch with Moshe Miller, Heshy Gross and others who have shared some of the information that you've uncovered. I'm particularly interested in the Seidenfeld connection to the Bnei Yissoschor.

With the current situation, I have had some time to revisit some of the unanswered questions that have come up since my last period of family research, some 13 years ago.

I am in possession of the family trees of Sarah Beinhorn, as recorded in her reprinting of Shenos Chaim, as well as in her autobiography, Alim She'alu Min Ha'afar. I also visited Mrs. Beinhorn in the lobby of her Geula retirement home, in 2005, to discuss what she knew about the Seidenfeld family roots.

I am trying to find the contact for one of Mrs. Beinhorn's children or children in law. R' Moshe Goldmintz and R' Moshe Mordechai Kahana. Would you have their contact?

I'm particulary focused on the Mesora that Rochel Leah Seidenfeld (wife of Reb Naftali Seidenfeld of Munkatch) was in fact a daughter of Rav Yaakov Uri (AB"D Breziz and Turka).

There have been certain death records circulating online which show Rochel Leah's parents as Yaakov Leizer and Chaya Bina Reiter. I'm trying to reconcile this apparent conflict.

I'd be more than happy to speak to you by phone when you're available.

All the best,
Yossi Seidenfeld

 

No comments: