Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

Sorry, I don't know anything about this. I'm not really related the MERMELSTEINs from Klyachanovo/Klichanovo (near Munkatch), but rather my great-grandmother married a MERMELSTEIN after my great-grandfather died. I realize that Dorobratovo is somewhat close to Klyachanovo, but its hard to assume a connection, especially because MERMELSTEIN is a fairly common surname. Are the MERMELSTEIN family you are looking into Leviim? The one that my g-grandmother married are not Leviim. 

Zei Gezunt & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods: Judaism in the Age of Idolatry (NEW!) & Lashon HaKodesh: History, Holiness, & Hebrew

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:03 AM Rebecca Ruberg Rebecca Ruberg Ruberg <JGJGFF@lyris.jewishgen.org> wrote:
From : Rebecca Ruberg Rebecca Ruberg Ruberg, (researcher code 639994) BexShapiro@gmail.com
To : Reuven Chaim Klein, (researcher code 106665)
Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:

Hi Reuven,
Hoping this finds you in good health and safety.
I am hoping that you can help me solve a mystery. I have been researching a thread of my family using Yad Vashem's search database. A number of our relatives entries were submitted by a survivor named Ze'ev Mermelstein who at the time, lived in Israel. He listed the relationship to our relatives as "מוקיר". I am trying to find out more about this wing of our family and am curious to discover the connection between Ze'ev and the Mauskopf/Klein family from Dorobratovo (now Ukraine, then Czechoslovakia). Do you by any chance know anything of Zeev Mermelstein?

Thank you for your help.
Rebecca


JewishGen | 36 Battery Place | New York, NY 10280 | www.JewishGen.org

No comments: