Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Re: The JewishGen Family Finder: Mermelstein connections

Sorry, I don't know anything about this. I'm not really related the MERMELSTEINs from Klyachanovo/Klichanovo (near Munkatch), but rather my great-grandmother married a MERMELSTEIN after my great-grandfather died. I realize that Dorobratovo is somewhat close to Klyachanovo, but its hard to assume a connection, especially because MERMELSTEIN is a fairly common surname. Are the MERMELSTEIN family you are looking into Leviim? The one that my g-grandmother married are not Leviim.

Zei Gezunt & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods: Judaism in the Age of Idolatry (NEW!) & Lashon HaKodesh: History, Holiness, & Hebrew

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 4:08 PM Chumi Stein <JGJGFF@lyris.jewishgen.org> wrote:
From : Chumi Stein, (researcher code 82769) chumi.s@sympatico.ca
To : Reuven Chaim Klein, (researcher code 106665)
Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder: Mermelstein connections

I recently read about a family Mermelstein from Pavlova that have and it's family tree Bentzion Mermelstein, Shlomo Mermelstein . I have family members Mermelstein from Munkacs named Binyamin Mermelstein with a son Feiler Mermelstein also a Chuva Mermelstein. Do you know of a connection


JewishGen | 36 Battery Place | New York, NY 10280 | www.JewishGen.org

No comments: