Sunday, December 10, 2023

Re: Bonyhad Kuttners

I don't know anybody who has ever done DNA testing for genealogy. All of my information comes from testimonies of people or written documents. How did you get the names of Joseph Kuttner's parents? Where did you find that information? Do you know what Sandor and Sali's Hebrew names were? Where did they live?
Did you see this post on my blog: https://kleinfamilygenealogy.blogspot.com/2012/08/fwd-questions-historical-information.html That's likely the most important one for your purposes.
I don't think I've ever heard of an Israel Kuttner who was a rabbi in Bonyhad. And I recently edited a book on the history of the Jewish community in Bonyhad, so somethings sounds a bit off. What's your source for that person?

Shalom & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 7:12 AM Raymond Kuttner <raymond.kuttner@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Reuven,

While updating a Kuttner family tree I've been researching I discovered a blog of yours stating your grandmother is Rose Kuttner of Bonyhad. I also located your research on Geni, confirming it's the same tree. My research goes one generation higher from Josef Kuttner (b.1851) to Sandor Kutner (b.1819) and Sali Schenel (b.1818). If curious, you can find the majority of the sources and tree information here:


I suspect your 3rd great grandfather Sandor is the son of my 4th great grandfather Josef (b.1744) Rabbi of Tata or his son Israel (b.1795) Rabbi of Bonyhad. I haven't yet located records on who Sandor's parents might be, so I'm looking for descendants of his that might have DNA on any of the genealogy sites. Do you or any of your cousins of Kuttner heritage have DNA online?

Thanks,
Raymond

No comments: