Monday, July 18, 2022

Re: Regina Galandauer

Enclosed please find the relevant Bonyhad records. 
b. Oct 21, 1860, Bonyhad, daughter of Adolf Steiner and Marie Kritzler 
d. April 11, 1873 age 4 d. of Jacob Galandauer and Rosalie Kritzler
3) Birth of Fulop Weisz, son of Regine Steiner and Mor Weisz  https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSDB-J96?i=239&cat=687397
b. 13 May 1884
Jun 19, 1883
( He was a divorced cantor)
Feb 23, 1921

The Pollaks, Kritzlers, and Galandauers married each other quite a bit, which is natural.
I have a family tree of over 7000 descendants, all of whom originate from 6 or the 8 children of Avraham Pollak and Reichel Spitz, which I have been working on for over 30 years.
I have now added you and your cousins (who are also mine)..

Best,
Lynn




On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 3:27 PM Rabbi RC Klein <rabbircklein@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you sure? Do you have any outside sources for this? You might be right. My source for understanding that Mor/Moshe Weisz's wife was named Regina Galandauer is this email from Les Barany after he spoke to his mother.  I also have an email from Shoshi Horowitz in Hebrew where she confirmed this connection. But in his last email, Les wrote that his mother said there's a mistake in what he said and he never corrected it.
So it could be that all that information I had until now was that aforementioned mistake. And perhaps then you are correct the Mor/Moshe Weisz's wife was really named Regina STEINER, not Galandauer, and it was really Regina's MOTHER who descends from the GALANDAUER/KRITZLER/POLLAK/SPITZ family (although technically, not Galandauer). 

Shalom & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein




On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 12:10 AM Lynn Pollak Golumbic <lynnpollak@gmail.com> wrote:
By chance I actually read Chana's book(!) - which I got from Shilo Gal's widow, Zippora, who had a copy from Shoshi. I had collaborated with him many years ago on the Kritzler/Galandauers.  I don't recall reading that this Regina Galandauer was married.
Please do send the word file so I can see what it says.

Since I wrote to you I did more research and realized that I actually had Deborah Weisz and her husband on my tree.
Your actual ancestor was Regine Steiner, who was also a Kritzler descendant.
I am enclosing three files so that you can see it better- your ancestors, the ancestors and descendants of Regine Steiner, and how you and I are related ( 4th cousin 2x removed).

Best,
Lynn Pollak Golumbic



No comments: