Friday, July 22, 2022

Re: Rabbi Gartenhaus

I don't have time to write at length now because it's Erev Shabbos. But basically, Rav Gartenhaus' zivvug sheini wife was my great-grandfather's niece. He was also misader kiddushin at my grandparents' wedding and he gifted my grandfather a silver kiddush cup with an inscription on it that I use every Shabbos.

Rabbi Elazar Lipa Gartenhaus is Rabbi Reuven Chaim Klein's first cousin twice removed's husband!

Rabbi Reuven Chaim Klein
You

 

 

Michael (Mordechai Meyer) Klein
your father

 

 

Randolph Klein
his father

 

 

Mordechai Klein
his father

 

 

Zissel Kallus
his sister

 

 

Hinda Spielman
her daughter

 

 

Rabbi Elazar Lipa Gartenhaus
her husband

 

Shalom & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein




On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 6:02 PM Michael Escott <msescott@yahoo.com> wrote:
Weird connection.

Though I recently started exchanging emails with you over the last couple of years, I just noticed some old notes in my genealogy realm re: an email thread that I noticed online over 10 years ago that involved you (but not me) and it was a discussion re: Rav Elazar Lipa Gartenhaus - father in law of Rav Kulefsky of Ner Yisroel.

What is your connection to this?

R. Gartenhaus was one of the maspidim at my GGF's levaya in 1931 (R. Yaakov Eskolsky) - he was a prominent member in my GGF's rabbinical organization - Degel HaRabbonim.

Thanks and a guten Shabbos,
Moshe Escott

No comments: