Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RE: Isserles/Weissblum

From: Reuven Chaim Klein [mailto:anakin9000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 10:24 PM
To: 'Yeruchem & Fraida Cohen'
Subject: RE: Isserles/Weissblum

No, the Messinger family is my mother's side of the family, and the ReMa connection is from my father's KLEIN family. See http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins


From: Yeruchem & Fraida Cohen [mailto:yeruchem@bestweb.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 7:48 PM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: Re: Isserles/Weissblum

"Got your email but when I went to the web site for his geneology I came up only with his mortgage company. It is interesting that he does have Messingers on his list as ( I wrote) my late cousin Chaim had said we were descendants of Isserles."
A gute woch. The above is a quote from an email from my husband's cousin. Is it possible that the Rema connection you have heard about is through your Messinger family?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 2:26 PM
Subject: RE: Isserles/Weissblum

I have not even begun to research the Messinger side of my family (my mother's father's family), but I know that they basically lived in Horne Saliby, a village near Pressburg/Bratislava.


From: Yeruchem & Fraida Cohen [mailto:yeruchem@bestweb.net]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 10:45 AM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: Re: Isserles/Weissblum

The name Yeruchem doesn't have anything to do with this inquiry since this name comes from another side of the family.
The relatives who are asking me about this are related to a Messinger, a name which I saw listed on your family tree. I am going to ask them for some names from their family tree.
In addition, my husband's grandmother's sister (would that be his great aunt?) Anna Pomerantz (I think maybe her Jewish name was Henia) was married to a Weissblum.
And, again there is that comment that these people (many of whom are not aware of these things) mentioned that they recall being told that we are related to the Rema.
I'll get back to you.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 12:11 AM
Subject: RE: Isserles/Weissblum

If you so wish. The name Yerucham is not so common, although I have a brother named Yerucham, and my ggg-grandfather, R' Reuven Chaim Klein, wrote a sefer Shenos Chaim that was a buir on Toldos Odom V'Chava which was written by Rabbeinu Yerucham, and he also named his son Yerucham (although I am a descendant of his eldest son, R' Binyamin Eliezer Klein, a Berditchever Chossid).


From: Yeruchem & Fraida Cohen [mailto:yeruchem@bestweb.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:01 PM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: Re: Isserles/Weissblum

Would you want to share some of your father's father's mothers family names/surnames to see if they match any of our relatives that think they have this connection?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:25 PM
Subject: RE: Isserles/Weissblum

I only have Kabbalos from my family that I am a descendant of the ReMa and Noam Elimelech but I don't know exactly how. Although the Kabbalah about the Noam Elimelech comes from my father's father's mother's side of the family.

=====
Reuven Chaim Klein
http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins


From: Yeruchem & Fraida Cohen [mailto:yeruchem@bestweb.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:20 PM
To: rachack@futurecities.com
Subject: Isserles/Weissblum

I was reading your old post on the JewishGen website archives and was wondering if you have information about Weissblum and Isserles families.
I am the genealogist of our family. Pomerantz familiy members have requested me to look into it a possible connection with Rav Moshe Isserles.
My husband has Weissblum cousins and one relative (Blau, nee Leidner) tells me that these Weissblums descend from R. Elimelech of Lizensk. Some other family members mentioned that they have heard that their family is descended from a "Rabbi Isserles", as they put it.
If you have information about the two surnames ISSERLES and WEISSBLUM that you can share with me, perhaps I can determine if what they think is true.
All the best,
Fraida Cohen
Monsey, NY
POMERANTZ/POMERANZ from Baranow, Mielec, Tarnow, Krakow
GETTINGER from Mielec
COHEN from Minsk or Wilna or "Wolynia"
HODES from Minsk

TAUBER from "Harasz," Austria (Galicia?)
MARKS/MARKUS from Pultusk, Poland
POMERANTZ/POMERANZ from Warsaw
SCHALL from Galicia
HOLRIE from England
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:39:52 -0700
From: "Reuven Chaim Klein" <rachack@futurecities.com>
Subject: Rabbi SEGAL, CHARIF, and HALEVI
For quite some time now, I have known that my gggg-grandfather, Rabbi
Binyamin Eliezer Ungar-Auerbach of Krakow (father of Rabbi Reuven Chaim
Klein wrote the Shenos Chaim) married the daughter of Rabbi Ya'akov HaLevi
from Wolbrom. Rav Ya'akov HaLevi was the brother of Rav Yosef Lichtig/Charif
HaLevi. The brothers were in turn sons of Rabbi Tzvi Hirsch HaLevi, who was
a direct male descendant of Rabbi Dovid Segal HaLevi, the TaZ (Turei Zahav).
For some time I have been looking for the exact line of connection between
Rav Tzvi Hirsch HaLevi and his direct male ansector the TaZ. I have yet to
get the exact line of lineage. However, I recently found out that the
Maharsha (who lived in the same era as the TaZ and was also a Levi) had a
son-in-law named Rabbi Yitzchack Segal Charif HaLevi. I was wondering if
this son-in-law of the Maharsha had anything to do with the line which I am
trying to trace here.
(See http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins for more of my research in my
family's genealogy project.)
Surnames being researched:
In Munkatch(Mukachevo) and its surrounding areas(especially a village called
Kleczanev or Klyachanovo ):
ECKSTEIN, FREIDMAN, KLEIN, MERMELSTEIN, UNGAR-AUERBACH
In Bonyhad, a village in Hungary: KUTTNER
From anywhere: ISSERLES, WEISSBLUM, SIRKES

1 comment:

Parsha time said...

i am the brother talking he can not check his email for a long time

,sorry