Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RE: about Rabbi Elozor Eliezer Lipa Gartenhaus

Sorry for taking to long to respond, alas I have been very busy lately. I started using GenoPro for my genealogy research, but recently (last 2 years or so) I have just been dealing with emails without using any other software.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eli Delman [mailto:eli.delman@corp.idt.net]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 7:28 AM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: RE: about Rabbi Elozor Eliezer Lipa Gartenhaus

Reuven Chaim,

I don't know anything about the second wife of Rabbi Eliezer Lipa Gartenhaus, except that she is mentioned in a story in the introduction to the sefer (not by name). You may want to contact my cousin, Rabbi Yitzchok Meir Gartenhaus, a grandson of the Mechaber, at 718-627-1330.

I took a quick look at your family tree. Though a software developer by profession and somewhat of a "genealogy enthusiast", I'll confess that I know very little about genealogy software. I starting reading the stuff at gensoftsb.com, but I could really use some more advice. I would like to make a sensible investment in a program that is likely to continue to be supported and is adaptable to various formats.

Hatzlacha,

Eli


-----Original Message-----
From: Reuven Chaim Klein [mailto:anakin9000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:31 PM
To: 'Neil Richler'; eli.delman@corp.idt.net; stuart@gtrdata.com
Subject: RE: about Rabbi Elozor Eliezer Lipa Gartenhaus


I also have this Sefer Eshel HaGedolim (1958) in my house. It was my grandfather's copy and has an inscription from Rabbi Gartenhaus in it (although I can't really read the handwriting so well). I know that Rabbi Gartenhaus' second wife was somehow distantly related to my grandfather's family, but I am b'ikar trying to find out more about my grandfather and we wondering if there might be any clues worth pursuing through this lead.

Reuven Chaim Klein (also my grandfather's name) http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins

No comments: