Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Re: My condolences

By the way, in the summer I met with one Benzion Klein, who is 97 years old and lives in Ramat HaSharon. He is a cousin of my grandfather from the Klein side and grew up in Munkatch. He remembers my grandfather and your father (whom he called Shmeel) from before the war and he said that they were the most friendly members of the family. I tried to explain to Benzion that my grandfather and Shmeel were only half brothers and had different last names, but he didn't care or maybe understand what I was saying. The way he knew it, they were brothers.
R' Benzion also mentioned that he remembers my grandfather visiting him in Paris in the 1950's and I've since found documentation of his visit in those archives.
Does your brother Moishe have a cell phone number? Does he get text messages?

Gut Moyed,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 10:09 PM Steven Mermelstein <shloime1@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thank you,
looking forward to seeing letters.
Moshe does not have email.
I'll try to remember to tell him you were thinking of him.

On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 01:46:50 PM EDT, RC Klein <yeshivish@gmail.com> wrote:


I heard about your mother's petirah right before Yom Kippur and I wasn't able to call you before. But I wanted to say המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך אבלי שאר ציון וירושלים.
Does your brother have email? I'd like to send a message to him as well...
By the way, I was recently given a whole cache of letters from my grandfather's personal archives and many of them were written to your father. In the near future, I hope to scan these letters and type them up and make them available online.

Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon

No comments: