Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you; it's been a busy month. None of the names that you sent me match up with what I have in my notes, but the truth is that I don't know much about this Weisz side of the family, so it's hard to know if there's a connection or not.

Gut Moyed,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 5:10 AM ai <jkpi314@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Reuven,
I hope you were able to read my email,
I haven't heard back from you so I am not sure if you got it.
Best regards,
Juliana Klas.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 12:57 AM ai <jkpi314@gmail.com> wrote:
Also, do you have any dates for Moshe and for his family so I can get a better idea of when Moshe's lifetime was in relation? That could help figure out where links might be. Thank you.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022, 12:45 AM ai <jkpi314@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Reuven, my name is Julie Klas.
I'm sorry, but the only information that I have was that my great-grandfather named Emanuel /Mano Mendel Weisz was born in Ujvidek, Hungary (now called Novi Sad and as you know in Serbia). Born around 1872- and he passed away in the US in 1939. I have the month and date also, but not handy at the moment and I want to make sure I write you back timely. If you need it I'm very happy to share. 
I found his name and where he's from on a copy of my Grandmother's Birth Certificate.
My Great-grandmother (Emanuel's wife), her maiden name was Klein. Sarolta Klein born in Baja Hungary, raised in Sukösd Hungary around 1874 -194? Her father possibly named Josef. Again I'm happy to share the dates if you would like,  but I don't have them handy at the moment. 
  Also I did submit a DNA sample with Ancestry.com. My profile name is Jupi314 and the initials on it are JK. There should be a tree linked called "Julie's Family Tree" that should be public, but my sister said she recently looked for it and couldn't find it,  so if that's something that might interest you, I would be happy to share that as well,  but it doesn't have much further information about Emanuel Weisz and Sarolta/Charlotte/Sara Klein. 
I don't know when Emanuel emigrated to the US but Sarolsa came to join him with their 5 children (including my grandmother) in 1914 and they settled in Philadelphia. Their children were named Alexander (Sandor), Wm/ Jerry (William), Szerina/Rose (grandma), Gyula/Helen, and Louis (Laos?). 
I don't know if any of this information is helpful to you but I hope you are able to find a connection.
Warm regards,
Juliana Klas 

Please let me know if you find something, and I will do likewise.
Thank you
    

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022, 7:28 AM Reuven Chaim Klein <JGJGFF@jewishgen.org> wrote:
From : Reuven Chaim Klein, (researcher code 106665) yeshivish@gmail.com
To : Juliana N Klas, (researcher code 143939)
Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:

I'm looking for information the Weisz family of Novi Sad. In particular, there was a Moshe Weisz who was married to Rivka/Regina Galandaur, whose daughter Dóra/Dvora Weisz married Miksa/Mayer/Meir Kuttner who was a school principal in Bonyhad, Hungary. Does this match up with any of your information?


JewishGen | 36 Battery Place | New York, NY 10280 | www.JewishGen.org

No comments: