Tuesday, May 03, 2011

RE: The JewishGen Family Finder:

My grandfather, Dezider (Dovid) Messinger's sister, Katherina (Kayla) Messinger, was the wife of Kalman Messinger. Yes, he married his own cousin. The father of Dezider and Katherina was Baruch Messinger. He was the brother of your great-grandfather, Shimon Messinger.

I know another great-grandson of Shimon Messinger, he lives near me here in Jerusalem and his name is Robi Messinger.

I always a dream of writing an account of how life used to be in the old country in horne saliby. Maybe you can help me and/or my mother with such a project? I'm looking for stories and family traditions and descriptions...

Kol Tuv,
---
===
Reuven Chaim Klein
Genealogical Researcher
JewishGen ID #106665


--- On Tue, 5/3/11, RICHARD.MELLER@lw.com <RICHARD.MELLER@lw.com> wrote:

> From: RICHARD.MELLER@lw.com <RICHARD.MELLER@lw.com>
> Subject: RE: The JewishGen Family Finder:
> To: rachack@futurecities.com
> Cc: edithk@email.com
> Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 7:57 AM
> Thank you Reuven.   I
> know I have some relatives in Ashkelon and I am
> trying to find out more about them.  My mother was
> Judith Aftergut and
> she was born in Bratislava and moved to Horne Saliby when
> she was
> young.  I also had a great uncle, Kalman Messinger in
> New York and
> great uncle Vilmosh who died in the war.  I believe
> that side of the
> family made a living breaking horses.  My great
> grandfather was Simon
> Messinger.  Please let me know if any of this
> information is helpful.
> I will let you know if I find anything more.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ראובן חיים קליין [mailto:rachack@futurecities.com]
>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:56 AM
> To: Meller, Richard (CH)
> Cc: Edith Klein
> Subject: Re: The JewishGen Family Finder:
>
> My mother's maiden name is Messinger. She was born in
> Saliby and moved
> to Bratislava (Pressburg) as a child. I seem to remember
> her showing
> me an article on the internet about the Jewish community in
> Horne
> Saliby but I cannot seem to find it now. I am CC'ing her
> this email...
>
> You should know that there are many many Messinger
> relatives all over
> the world. I live in Jerusalem and I know there are many
> Messingers
> here in Israel as well as in New York, Los Angeles,
> England, etc...
> There might even be some left in Slovakia, I would have to
> ask my
> mother to help me get you in touch with them. If you need
> anymore
> help, please email me.
>
> Also, if you find anything please tell me.
>
> ---===
> Reuven Chaim Klein
> Genealogical Researcher
> JewishGen ID    #106665
>
>
> --- On Mon, 5/2/11, Richard Samuel Meller <JGJGFF@lyris.jewishgen.org>
> wrote:
>
> > From: Richard Samuel Meller <JGJGFF@lyris.jewishgen.org>
> > Subject: The JewishGen Family Finder:
> > To: rachack@futurecities.com
> > Date: Monday, May 2, 2011, 2:36 PM
> >
> > - From : Richard Samuel Meller, (researcher code
> 484073)
> > richard.meller@lw.com
> > - To : Reuven Chaim Klein, (researcher code 106665)
> > - Subject : The JewishGen Family Finder:
> >
> =======================================================
> > Hello Rueven
> > My grandmother was Rivkah Messinger (married to Heskel
> Aftergut).  I
>
> > am going to Horne Saliby this summer and am trying to
> gather
> > information about my family and would appreciate it
> you sharing
> > anything you have.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rick
> >
> =======================================================
> > Email posted from the JewishGen Family Finder Sign up
> now for the
> > JGFFAlert and other Value-Added services!
> > http://www.jewishgen.org/JewishGen/ValueAdded.asp
> >
> > Help JewishGen Help You!
> > http://www.jewishgen.org/jewishgen-erosity/contribute.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ae
> *******************************************************************************
> To comply with IRS regulations, we advise you that any
> discussion of Federal tax issues in this
> e-mail was not intended or written to be used, and cannot
> be used by you, (i) to avoid any penalties
> imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) to promote,
> market or recommend to another party any
> transaction or matter addressed herein.
>
> For more information please go to  http://www.lw.com/docs/irs.pdf
> *******************************************************************************
>
> This email may contain material that is confidential,
> privileged and/or attorney work product for
> the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
> reliance or distribution by others or forwarding
> without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If
> you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender and delete all copies.
>
> Latham & Watkins LLP
> ²

No comments: