Friday, April 09, 2010

Shneck AND Beinhorn

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: R.C. Klein <rachack@futurecities.com>
To: Nathan Rosenshein <nrosen@total.net>; moishe@langsam.com
Sent: Wed, April 9, 2008 4:36:02 AM
Subject: Re: Shneck AND Beinhorn

I apologize, the phone number I gave you two was to
the Yeshiva's dorms and the extension was for the
student voicemail, that explains the loop, the proper
number is (02) 541-0988 ext. 6545 but anyways now that
I realized my mistake and checked my email to reply to
you anyways, you don't have to call me because I
received the number from both of you via email. So
basically, I'd like to thank you both for sending me
the number, and apologize for giving you my wrong
number.

Reuven Chaim Klein

--- Nathan Rosenshein <nrosen@total.net> wrote:

> the phone number u gave me ends in an endless
> loop...impossible to leave
> a msg
>
> her numbers are 011972-2-531-8210
> or son in law 02-641-5687
>
> keep me posted
> thx
>
> nr
>
>
>
>
> R.C. Klein wrote:
> > I am currentlyin Yerushalayim. I have visited Mrs.
> > Beinhorn on a previous trip to Yerushalayim three
> > years ago, but I have since lost her phone number
> and
> > address. If you could please dig up the
> information
> > for me again, I really would appreciate it. I
> don't
> > have email access really here, but you can leave a
> > message on my voicemail at (02) 541-0977 ext. 6545
>
> > Thank you in advance and have a Chag Kosher
> V'Someach,
> > Reuven Chaim Klein
> >
> > --- "moishe@langsam.com" <moishe@langsam.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>See below. Now we are related via the Bnei
> >>Yissoschur AND
> >>also via my maternal side through my SCHNEK
> >>g-g-g-g-m!
> >>Moishe
> >>
> >>
> >> --- the forwarded message follows ---
> >>
> >>>Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 01:08:50 -0400
> >>
> >>From: Nathan Rosenshein <nrosen@total.net>
> >>Subject: Re: basch, etc
> >>To: SDAFAAO@aol.com, "moishe@langsam.com"
> >><moishe@langsam.com>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>Dear Sarah and Moishe,
> >>
> >>I suggest that you people contact each other as
> you
> >>seem to share areas
> >>of common research.
> >>
> >>As for Mrs. Klein-Beinhorn, she lives in Israel
> and
> >>has written a book
> >>about her family. She is elderly but her mind is
> >>sharp and she knows her
> >>family history. I am attaching some pages from her
> >>book which you may
> >>find useful. If you wish to contact her, I can dig
> >>up her number.
> >>Her English is poor, but she speaks hebrew and , I
> >>believe, Yiddish.
> >>
> >>best regards
> >>
> >>nathan
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>SDAFAAO@aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >>>Nathan:
> >>>
> >>>Thank you for the information. I have not been
> in
> >>
> >>touch with Sarah
> >>
> >>>Beinhorn but will try to find out more
> information
> >>
> >>about her book. My
> >>
> >>>Hebrew's not great but I can muddle through.
> >>
> >>Appel was not shortened
> >>
> >>>when we came to the US. That was my
> grandfather's
> >>
> >>name. We think that
> >>
> >>>it most likely is a variation of Apfel. As a
> >>
> >>matter of fact, my
> >>
> >>>grandfather's brother changed his name from Appel
> >>
> >>to Almashi which is
> >>
> >>>the Hungarian translation of apple.
> >>>
> >>>I'm in the process of contacting an elderly
> cousin
> >>
> >>of mine in Israel to
> >>
> >>>find out more about the Basch side of my family.
> >>
> >>My father's mother
> >>
> >>>came from Sighet. My father's father lived in
> >>
> >>Velkiyi Bockov which is
> >>
> >>>right on the other side of the Tisa River from
> >>
> >>Sighet. My Basch
> >>
> >>>relatives are from Sighet, as far as I know.
> >>
> >>However, Sighet and
> >>
> >>>Sapinka are fairly close and they may have a
> >>
> >>connection to that town as
> >>
> >>>well. My mother's family came from towns near
> >>
> >>Khust in what is now
> >>
> >>>Ukraine. I have all of my geneology information
> >>
> >>entered into Family
> >>
> >>>Tree Maker.
> >>>
> >>>The Basch line of descent goes like this
> >>>
> >>>Rivka Basch (b. 1862) had a brother whose name I
> >>
> >>think is Moishe Basch.
> >>
> >>>He had at least 7 children including Alex, Lotte,
> >>
> >>Helen, Ignatz,
> >>
> >>>Bela, Regina and Sarah. I believe that Sarah
> died
> >>
> >>in the Holocaust but
> >>
> >>>everyone else survived and dispersed to the US,
> >>
> >>England and Israel.
> >>
> >>>That's all that I have so far about Rivka's
> >>
> >>siblings. I don't know the
> >>
> >>>name of her parents.
> >>>
> >>>Rivka Basch married Kalman Davidovich and had 11
> >>
> >>children. Only three
> >>
> >>>survived the holocaust. My grandmother, Hinda
> did
> >>
> >>not survive. She was
> >>
> >>>an educated woman who read Hebrew and held weekly
> >>
> >>sessions with women in
> >>
> >>>her town where she led them in reciting the
> >>
> >>tehilim. She told my father
> >>
> >>>that she was a cousin of the Sapinka Rebbe and
> met
> >>
> >>with him at least on
> >>
> >>>one occasion in Sighet to get some advice. At
> >>
> >>this point, I have no
> >>
> >>>idea how she was related to him. The only
> >>
> >>possible link might be
> >>
> >>>through the daughter of Ezra Yakov Basch whose
> >>
> >>name I have found out is
> >>
> >>>Perl. That's all that I have so far.
> >>>
> >>>I would appreciate any information that you might
> >>
> >>have on the Basch
> >>
> >>>connection to the Sapinka Rebbe. It may reveal
> >>
> >>new information about my
> >>
> >>>grandmother Rivka's family.
> >>>
> >>>Thanks Nathan.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Sarah Appel
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > =====
> > Reuven Chaim Klein
> > Head Webmaster
> > http://myhomeloancompany.com
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> --
>
>
> *********************************************
>
> NATHAN ROSENSHEIN, B.Comm., C.G.A.
> Commissioner of Oaths
> Accountant
> Web page: http://welcome.to/accountant
> e-mail: nrosen@total.net
> Phone: 514-482-6485
> Fax: 514-482-4128
> (located in Montreal, Canada)
>
>
> Bringing to the table
> over twenty five years of experience in
> providing all types of accounting service –
> for individuals and small business –
> including :
> financial statements, personal income tax,
> corporate income tax, bookkeeping and
> settling of estates
>
> *********************************************
>
>
>
>

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "moishe@langsam.com" <moishe@langsam.com>
To: R.C. Klein <rachack@futurecities.com>
Sent: Mon, April 7, 2008 8:42:10 PM
Subject: Fwd: Shneck AND Beinhorn

Note: Forwarded message is attached.

See below. mrs beinhorn klein is at
011972-2-531-8210

or son in law 02-641-5687

Please ask if Ezra Yakov BASCH may have been married twice.
See Chaim Eliezer Alter BASCH's pages of testimony at Yad
Vashem where his mother is listed as Zissel ADLER and his
father is Ezra Yakov BASCH and he is from Spinka. See these
links or just do a basic search for Chaim Basch of Spinka:
http://www.yadvashem.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_FL/.cmd/acd/.ar/sa.portlet.VictimDetailsSubmitAction/.c/6_0_9D/.ce/7_0_V9/.p/5_0_P1/.d/0?victim_details_id=479059&victim_details_name=Bash+Khaim&q1=iu0gru5KQCg%3D&q2=eWWQZ%2BX5aTV9zJaoW1zFp%2BfJEsPj4TGu&q3=2m%2FwjLRf3xk%3D&q4=2m%2FwjLRf3xk%3D&q5=U%2FoQFRK%2BYF8%3D&q6=ZIXzPUrRSWQ%3D&q7=kb1TUD9cMwX7ZPzO950hOvOAiy1eUDzM&frm1_npage=1

and

http://www.yadvashem.org/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_FL/.cmd/acd/.ar/sa.portlet.VictimDetailsSubmitAction/.c/6_0_9D/.ce/7_0_V9/.p/5_0_P1/.d/0?victim_details_id=1793513&victim_details_name=Basch+Chaim&q1=uDQniCbO7Yk%3D&q2=eWWQZ%2BX5aTX25ITRETcCw4gG%2BlbFsHx7&q3=2m%2FwjLRf3xk%3D&q4=2m%2FwjLRf3xk%3D&q5=U%2FoQFRK%2BYF8%3D&q6=ZIXzPUrRSWQ%3D&q7=kb1TUD9cMwX7ZPzO950hOvOAiy1eUDzM&frm1_npage=1

--- the forwarded message follows ---

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "moishe@langsam.com" <moishe@langsam.com>
To: rachack@futurecities.com
Sent: Tue, January 15, 2008 7:23:25 PM
Subject: Shneck AND Beinhorn

Note: Forwarded message is attached.


See below. Now we are related via the Bnei Yissoschur AND
also via my maternal side through my SCHNEK g-g-g-g-m!
Moishe


--- the forwarded message follows ---

No comments: