Saturday, June 17, 2006

Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

-----Original Message-----
From: Reuven Chaim Klein [mailto:rachack@futurecities.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 10:09 PM
To: 'barmag@netvision.net.il'
Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

Rabbi Binyamin Eliezer Ungar-Auerbach is the oldest relative I can trace up
my direct male line. All I know was that he lived in Krakow and was the
son-in-law of the Rosh Beis Din of Krakow, Rabbi Ya'akov HaLevi (formerly of
Wolbrom). R' Ya'akov passed away on 10 October 1828.

See also http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins

Gut Voch,

=====
Reuven Chaim Klein
http://www.myhomeloancompany.com
Vice President
AIM/AOL Screename: IAmRachack (Add|IM)

(Attention: Usually I can only check my email on Friday Afternoon and Motzei
Shabbos.)

-----Original Message-----
From: barmag@netvision.net.il [mailto:barmag@netvision.net.il]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:07 AM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: (Fwd) Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

As a member of the Galicia Discussion Group, I noticed the name
AUERBACH amongst the names you are researching. Could you please
give me more information on your AUERBACH family?

MGriffel
Jerusalem

> For quite some time now, I have known that my gggg-grandfather, Rabbi
> Binyamin Eliezer Ungar-Auerbach of Krakow (father of Rabbi Reuven
> Chaim Klein wrote the Shenos Chaim) married the daughter of Rabbi
> Ya'akov HaLevi from Wolbrom. Rav Ya'akov HaLevi was the brother of
Rav
> Yosef Lichtig/Charif HaLevi. The brothers were in turn sons of Rabbi
> Tzvi Hirsch HaLevi, who was a direct male descendant of Rabbi Dovid
> Segal HaLevi, the TaZ (Turei Zahav).
>
> For some time I have been looking for the exact line of connection
> between Rav Tzvi Hirsch HaLevi and his direct male ancestor the TaZ. I
> have yet to get the exact line of lineage. However, I recently found
> out that the MaHaRSHA (who lived in the same era as the TaZ and was
> also a Levi) had a son-in-law named Rabbi Yitzchack Segal Charif
> HaLevi. I was wondering if this son-in-law of the MaHaRSHA had
> anything to do with the line which I am trying to trace here.
>
> (See http://www.myhomeloancompany.com/kleins for more of my
research
> in my family's genealogy project.)
>
> Reuven Chaim Klein
>
> Surnames being researched:
> In Munkatch(Mukachevo) and its surrounding areas(especially a village
> called Kleczanev or Klyachanovo): ECKSTEIN, FREIDMAN, KLEIN,
> MERMELSTEIN, UNGAR-AUERBACH In Bonyhad, a village in
Hungary: KUTTNER
> From anywhere: ISSERLES, WEISSBLUM, SIRKES Sender: "Reuven
Chaim
> Klein" <rachack@futurecities.com>

No comments: