Thursday, August 10, 2023

Re: Bonyhad booklet?

Yes, I was involved in publishing the Hebrew translation of my great-uncle Mr. Blau's book about Bonyhad. I don't have any copies of the book at my house, but there should be some copies left with Ari Gruen (CC'ed on this email) in Ramat Bet Shemesh, so maybe you can figure out how he can get them to you in Haifa. 
In the meantime, the book is supposed to available for free on the NLI website, but I have to sort some things out with the NLI first, so in the meantime you can read it and download it on Google Books: https://www.google.co.il/books/edition/%D7%91%D7%95%D7%A0_%D7%94%D7%90%D7%93_%D7%94%D7%A7%D7%94%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%94_%D7%95%D7%97%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%91%D7%A0/mF16EAAAQBAJ
As for your other questions, I'm not familiar enough with the KRITZLER branch to pass judgement, so I can't say anything.

Shalom & Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 11:44 AM Lynn Pollak Golumbic <lynnpollak@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
In following up on the Bonyhad geniza story, a Pollak cousin wrote asking for some help.
The short version is that I spoke to Shlomo Kritzler from Sanhedria Murchevet and he said that someone from Beitar put out a booklet on BOnyhad a few years ago and perhaps the info is there.

I suppose that is you. Perhaps you could send me the booklet?

The long story is this:
Her MIL had a sister, Beila Schon b 1912 Mattesdorf, who was married to a David Kritzler, b. 1908 in Bonyhad and they had 3 children, all of whom were murdered. They lived in Hogyesz, which is not far from Bonyhad.
I have 3 David Kritzlers on my tree from Bonyhad, all of whom were murdered. 
THe most likely candidate is Shlomo Kritzler's uncle ( father's brother) for whom I have no wife's name, and 3 children. The names don't match exactly but could be the same:
Breindel= Ibi Blima
Yisrael Shalom = Karl
Chaya = Evik
What do you think?

BTW I believe that the Israel Kritzler who stamped one of the books is his grandfather and so am sending Shlomo the photo.
Thanks,
Lynn

No comments: