Saturday, July 01, 2006

(Fwd) Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

From: Reuven Chaim Klein [mailto:rachack@futurecities.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 10:55 PM
To: 'barmag@netvision.net.il'
Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

I think I was a little unclear on my original message, so let me try to fix it up better. First of all, Rabbi Binyamin Eliezer Ungar-Auerbach was not my grandfather, he was rather my gggg-grandfather. I was trying to say that his father-in-law, Rabbi Yaakov HaLevi was a ABD in Krakow, not that he was.The GED file on my site is very outdated and hasn't been fixed for over a year. Reb Yaakov HaLevi was a direct male descendant of the TaZ (they were both Leviim), although I can't trace that exact lineage, which is what I am trying to do. Perhaps your book can help me. Can you please check if it mentioned this ABD of Krakow, Reb Ya'akov Litzas HaLevi, who was the brother of Rav Yosef Charif-Lichtig and the son of Reb Tzvi HaLevi (and again all these Leviim are direct male descendents of the TaZ) and their exact lineage to the TaZ? Would you be willing to send me the information tracing the TaZ and BACH all the way to Dovid HaMelech, it would be very interesting for me.
 
Sorry for the misunderstandings and thank you for all your help.
 
Gut Shabbos,

=====
Reuven Chaim Klein
http://www.myhomeloancompany.com
Vice President
AIM/AOL Screename: IAmRachack (Add|IM)
 
(Attention: Usually I can only check my email on Friday Afternoon and Motzei Shabbos.)
 


From: barmag@netvision.net.il [mailto:barmag@netvision.net.il]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 4:43 AM
To: Reuven Chaim Klein
Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: [ravsig] Connecting to the TaZ and R' Yitzhak Segal

> Rabbi Binyamin Eliezer Ungar-Auerbach is the oldest relative I can
> trace up my direct male line. All I know was that he lived in Krakow
> and was the son-in-law of the Rosh Beis Din of Krakow, Rabbi Ya'akov
> HaLevi (formerly of Wolbrom). R' Ya'akov passed away on 10 October
> 1828.

Although your grandfather used both names Unger & Auerbach, I assume he was probably not the son of an Auerbach but of an Unger and/or Unger-Auerbach. I don't recall an Av Beis Din in Krakow by the name of Auerbach during my research. The Auerbach ancestor I am a descendant from is the famous Rabbi Nachman Zev Auerbach ABD Monasterzyska (1789-1855), son of Rabbi David Tzvi ABD Kremenetz and Mogilev (1743-1808), son of Rabbi Arye Leibish Auerbach ABD Stanislav (1710-1749).

I wanted to study your family tree and your connection to the Taz, so I downloaded your gedcom file. Apparently, there is no name on your tree actually connected to the Taz. Is your ancestor, Tzvi Hirsch Litzas Halevi, a descendant?

BTW, the surname of the Taz's mother-in-law, Baila, is not "Fum". Her father, Rabbi Avraham Hertzkes "was a Fum (or rather Pum) (peh-vov-mem) in Lwow", which stands for "Parness uManhig". He was the son of Rabbi Naftali Hertz (Rosh Mesivta in Lwow), hence his surname, Hertzkes.

After 18 years of research, we recently published a family genealogy book detailing in graphic description the lineage of the family with its more than 700 ancestors directly linked to King David. As a descendant of the Taz, the Bach and the Auerbachs, their genealogy tree is part of this book.

MGriffel
Jerusalem

No comments: