Sunday, August 05, 2012

Re: Mosonszentpeter

My comments are inserted between yours.
On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Sandor Bacskai <eretzhagar@gmail.com> wrote:
Mr. R. Ch. Klein,

I don't really know anything about my great-grandfather Miska Kuttner's parents, but I did find on Friday this webpage which seems to imply that Miska Kuttner from Bonyhad was a son of Miska Kuttner for Tab.
I think, that is not sure they were father and son, but maybe grandfather and grandson.
The redactor of the Yizkor book certainly linked them together (perhaps because they had the same name), but to me I don't even know that doing so is at all justified. Miksa is a common name, so it could be possible that the two are completely unrelated. I heard from a survivor from Bonyhad (at this year's hazkara) that my great-grandfather although he was a teacher in Bonyhad, he was not originally from Bonyhad. I have yet to confirm this with anyone in my family. Also it makes sense that a father and son wouldn't have the same name because Ashkenazim just don't do that (especially because they seem to have both lived at the same time, so you cannot say her was named after his father).
I know on Miksa Kuttner in Tab from a 1927 directory, what listed the Shomre Shabos merchants and Jewish community leaders of some towns in Hungary.
In Tab, there was mentioned Mor Kuttner (the cashier of the Jewish Community), and Miksa Kuttner (the secretary of the Jewish Community).
Both Mor and Miksa were also listed in the 1937 and 1938 lists of Tomche Yeshivot movement (list of bal-batim people who paid for the yeshivas).

This moment, I don't have more info on this Miksa Kuttner.

Interesting, If you find anything, you have my email address. 
Regarding Bonyhad, the book Shem Hagedolim m' Eretz Hagar says a R' Yisroel Kuttner (Kuttna), who served as Dayan in Bonyhad, where he died in 1872.
I don't know his family tree.

I have this sefer, what page is it on? This interests me not because of a genealogical lead (as I already explained, I have reason to believe that the Kuttner family did not originate in Bonyhad, rather my great-grandfather moved there), but because I am interesting in learning about the rabbinic history of Bonyhad (as I discussed at my speech last year at the Bonyhad Hazkara 2011 and touched at this year's Hazkara).

Do you have any more information about the Miksa Kuttner from Tab? How would I be able to find out about this?
The pre-1895 Jewish records of Mosonszentpeter and the 1895-1944 civil records of Tab, probably could have important data on him and his family.

Does JewishGen have these records? How can I get a hold of them? According to this page, he Miksa Kuttner was born there on December 1, 1894.
- - - - - -

I think, we changed emails 7-8 years ago about Munkacs cemetery photos? You are a descendant of the Davidkovo Rav "Shenos Chaim, right?
Yes we did. I am impressed that you have such a memory! Your letter is archived in my webpage here  and is dated June 18 2004. That feels like so long ago... Do you happen to still have those pictures? I don't think I realized the significance of your find then. 
Regards,
Sandor

Thank you so much for you all of your help,
Reuven Chaim Klein 


On Aug 4, 2012, at 8:37 PM, RCK wrote:

Thank you for your help. 

I don't really know anything about my great-grandfather Miska Kuttner's parents, but I did find on Friday this webpage which seems to imply that Miska Kuttner from Bonyhad was a son of Miska Kuttner for Tab. Do you have any more information about the Miksa Kuttner from Tab? How would I be able to find out about this?

RCK

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Sandor Bacskai <eretzhagar@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Reuven Chaim Klein,

Mosonszentpeter now is a part of town Janossomorja, located in former Moson County till 1950, and in present Gyor-Sopron-Moson County.
It's 5-6 kilometers close to border of Austria.

Regarding Miksa Kuttner, could he be same person who was a Jewish Community secretary in Tab?


Sincerely,

Sandor Bacskai genealogist
Budapest, Hungary


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Mosonszenpeter, Hungary
From: RCK <rachack@futurecities.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 04:57:28 -0700 (PDT)
X-Message-Number: 3

I found on the website of the US Holocaust Memorial Museum that my great 
grandfather Miksa Kuttner was born in a town called Mosonszenpeter, Hungary. I 
Googled the name of the town, but I couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone 
know if there is another name for this town?

Here is the link where I found this information: 
http://digitalassets.ushmm.org/photoarchives/detail.aspx?id=1162086&search=&index=6

Thank You,
Reuven Chaim Klein
Genealogical Researcher



No comments: