Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Re: Tab Miksa Kutner

Thanks for the clarification.

Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 1:01 AM Raymond Kuttner <raymond.kuttner@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, I probably should have clarified that section better. Sandor Berényi is the grandson of Simon Kuttner through his daughter Magdolna and her husband Jakab Berenyi. I was trying to express that sometimes our ancestors randomly make it easy for us to figure out how they're related. 


There's a clip of the article in the memories section of his page.



On Mon, Apr 29, 2024, 11:57 AM Reuven Chaim Klein <yeshivish@gmail.com> wrote:
Very interesting. 
Sandor Berenyi even wrote a letter to a magazine stating Rabbi Jozsef Kutna/Kuttner is his great grandfather. I haven't found anything that obvious within the Sandor branch yet.
How can I get a copy of this magazine article? Why did you call him Sandor Berenyi and not Sandor Kuttner? Did you mean to write grandfather not great-grandfather? 

Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 1:35 AM Raymond Kuttner <raymond.kuttner@gmail.com> wrote:
In regards to the Simon and Sandor connection, it was your close cousin Gavi that discovered the parents of Sandor. I was the one that mentioned there was only one couple in Dunaszerdahely at the time with those names. He agreed, which is why we connected/merged the trees. Gavi and his son are also DNA matches to me, which helps to reinforce the connection.

I've located other DNA matches for most of Simon's other children's descendants. Sandor Berenyi even wrote a letter to a magazine stating Rabbi Jozsef Kutna/Kuttner is his great grandfather. I haven't found anything that obvious within the Sandor branch yet.

I spoke with Gili Itzhak, descendant of Valerie (daughter of Yosef and Lotti Wolf), but her family didn't know anything beyond Valerie and she wasn't aware of anybody with DNA online.

Currently, the best chance of proof you want would be the Gyor County government. Last time I tried getting documents from the Hungarian government they required proof of being a descendant. They should have Sandor's death records or his burial location. He died after 1895, which is when Hungary started requiring parentage on the civil registration forms. His headstone may include his parentage as well, but nothing exists online from what I've seen.

I have found mention of male Kuttners in the new Leo branch. That opens the possibility of doing a Y-DNA test, which should prove the lineage. None of them seem to be on any heritage site, so that would require some awkward emails. My luck at convincing people to take a DNA test outside of my close cousin circle has been dismal. 

On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 4:13 AM Reuven Chaim Klein <yeshivish@gmail.com> wrote:
Very interesting! I'm always interested in all of this, it's just that I have very little time to engage in my hobbies and interests. I've been working on genealogy stuff very slowly for about 20 years already...
IIRC, in one of my previous emails I wrote that finding out the genealogy of Miksa Kuttner of Tab who was my great-grandfather's first cousin might be a good way of testing your theory as to the parentage of Alexander (Sandor) Kuttner, as the two Miksa Kuttners are his grandsons. I wanted to see if anyone researching Miksa Kuttner of Tab had independently make a link between his grandfather and Simon (Shimon) Kuttner as you had suggested, but I don't see that here yet. 
Thanks for the links, this should help me in this line of inquiry when I have the time to work on it!

Gut Moyed,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods Lashon HaKodesh

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon



On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 12:25 PM Raymond Kuttner <raymond.kuttner@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure if you're still investigating the Miksa Kutner teacher/principal of Tab. Miksa is Akiva Epstein's great grandfather Viktor's brother Miksa Mikhael Kuttner. I was researching another Miksa Kuttner that was a teacher in Budapest last week and constantly ran into records for all three of the Miksa Kuttner teachers. I could search through again if there's anything specific you wanted to know about Miksa of Tab.

This is the Miksa of Tab:

This is the highly likely but currently unrelated Miksa of Budapest:

The included photo is the engagement announcement for Miksa's daughter Klara. It states Miksa is the school igazgato-tanito / administrator(principal)/teacher. In his marriage record it also states tanito in Tab.

No comments: